13 Jun 13 Questions from Twiirly
Happy Tuesday! Today I am sharing 13 questions from Twiirly with you about myself! Most of you probably know this by now, but just in case you don’t, you are able to schedule sessions to chat with me on basically any topic you may have from business questions, styling and makeup..and the list can go on via the Twiirly app. Twiirly is a fabulous app created in San Francisco that creates a platform where the focus is on you! You get dedicated time with your favorite bloggers to ask them questions in one place. You can read more about Twiirly here.
- How long have you been blogging?
- I started Fashions of Fancy in May of 2015. Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 2 years now!
- Who takes your blog photos?
- The majority of my pictures are taken by Lauren Bloom Photography. I worked with her for the first time almost a year and a half ago and we just clicked! She totally knows how to capture my personality in every shot she takes and it’s basically a hangout session each time we meet up. The others were more than likely taken by my boyfriend and he’s actually gotten pretty good. haha!
- Favorite place to shop?
- This is a tough one. I’m known to shop at multiple places. Nordstrom, ASOS, Archer London, Zara, Target..honestly the list could go on. I wish I could say I was a dedicated shopper to one place, but I love mixing items from different places.
- Favorite Designer?
- Alex Snyder at AMS Atelier. I met him earlier this year to see his new collection and was totally blown away. He knows exactly how to make pieces that are perfect for every body type and if you have seen the sequin skirt that I frequently wear, then I don’t even need to explain anymore. 😉
- Your background is in accounting, how did you switch from accounting to the fashion and beauty world?
- Although I got degree in and worked in accounting for several years, my passion has always been with fashion and beauty. I never exactly knew how to turn that into my career until I started seeing a few blogs pop up and decided to start one as something fun on the side and since then it has grown for me to be able to take it places that I could have only dreamed of before.
- What all businesses do you have under Fashions of Fancy?
- Fashions of Fancy is a fashion and lifestyle blog, but also has grown into a small online boutique, cosmetic line- Glamsicle, monthly events, styling services and makeup services and I’m always finding new ways to expand!
- Favorite place to travel?
- I love going to Mexico. Nothing beats palm trees, pina coladas and full relaxation!
- Go to piece in your wardrobe?
- This probably changes weekly, but lately I have been kimono obsessed and wearing one of them almost every day.
- What did you do last night?
- Last night I fueled up on coffee because I had a gazillion things to accomplish on my to-do list, put on some comfy clothes, put the Golden Girls on repeat to my tv and worked on my computer until about 3 a.m. this morning.
- Favorite Makeup Brand?
- Besides my brand Glamsicle, MAC Cosmetics is always a go-to for me!
- If you were to invest on a luxury item, what would it be?
- Shoes, shoes and more shoes. I don’t think you can ever have too many shoes and that seems to be what I invest the most in.
- Favorite cocktail?
- Vodka Soda or Gin & Tonic- I don’t really drink much at all, but if I do that’s what you will find in my hand.
- How do you Twiirl?
- I always make sure I’m up and dressed to show my best self when signing on to Twiirl. I have a designated “chat” space that is quiet so that I can completely focus on whoever I’m chatting with to ensure they get the best out of the session.
Now that you have learned a little bit about me thanks to the fabulous ladies at Twiirly, head to the app store, download it and start scheduling sessions to learn more about myself and the other bloggers you follow!
Stay Fancy! <3 Hollie