25 Jul 5 Favorite Summer Sips
Whether you are lounging pool side, vacationing in a beach house or just avoid the heat and stay indoors, I have my 5 favorite summer sips recipes that will keep you cool through the summer season! Whether you like spicy, sweet, healthy, a drink that only a southern girl would understand or dairy free..I have got you covered girl! 😉
5. SOMETHING WITH A KICK- Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
Recipe/Photo Credit courtesy of Cooking Channel TV/Michael Symon
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, such asGrand Marnier
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, or more as needed
- 4 thin slices cucumber
- 1 jalapeno, halved lengthwise
- Ice, for serving
- Salt for glass rims, optional
- Drinkware Recommendation: Marg/Chips/Dip Tray (because margs and chips just go together!)
Mix together the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup,cucumber and jalapenos in a large pitcher. Chill for at least 1 hour (the longer the margarita sits, the more the cucumber and jalapeno flavors infuse into the drink).Serve over ice in salt-rimmed glasses, if desired.
4. SOMETHING FROM MY ROOTS- Spiked Sweet Tea
Recipe/Photo Credit courtesy of Southern Lady Magazine
- 3 quarts cold water, divided
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce can) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup citrus-flavored vodka
- Garnish: fresh lemon slices, fresh mint sprigs
- Drinkware Recommendation: Mason Jar Jugs
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart water to a boil. Remove from heat, and add tea bags and mint; cover and steep 5 minutes. Strain tea into a large container, discarding tea bags and mint, and stir in sugar until dissolved. Add lemonade, vodka, and remaining 2 quarts water; stir to mix well. Cover and chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
3. SOMETHING SWEET- The Perfect Piña Colada
Recipe/Photo Credit courtesy of Sweet Anna’s
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chunked
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2-3 handfuls of ice
- 2oz light rum or coconut rum (leave this out for virgin drinks!)
- Drinkware Recommendation: Hurricane Glasses
Blend the pineapple in your blender until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and add more cream of coconut, ice or rum to your liking.
2. SOMETHING HEALTHY- Prairie Green Tea Cooler
Recipe/Photo Credit courtesy of Prevention
- 2oz Prairie Organic cucumber-flavored vodka
- 4oz freshly brewed and chilled green tea
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1 lime wedge, squeezed
- Drinkware Recommendation: Skinny Glasses
Mix all ingredients, Serve over ice, and garnish with mint and lime.
1. SOMETHING DAIRY FREE- Baileys Almande Refresh
Recipe/Photo Credit courtesy of Baileys
- 3oz Baileys Almande
- 3oz Coconut Water
- Drinkware Recommendation: Lowball Glasses
Add ice to glass and pour ingredients over it. This one is my favorite and not only tastes delicious and refreshing, but it’s also super easy which is a plus in my book! Voila!
Don’t forget to have fun and drink responsibly!
What is your favorite summer cocktail? Let me know in the comments!
Stay Fancy! <3 Hollie