28 Apr Cheers to 28 Years!
Today is the day and I’m saying cheers to 28 years this time! I love any reason to celebrate and my birthday is no exception. I have been celebrating with friends and family since last week and will continue through tomorrow night. I figured I would let you in on 28 things about myself as well as let you take a peek into my birthday celebration last week with friends and my celebration back home with family last weekend also!
Part I: Dinner Party and Drinks with Friends
I started the last Friday night off with putting on my favorite skirt by AMS Atelier. I mean, it’s the perfect piece to wear for my birthday with it’s sparkle and gorgeous detailing! Once dressed, Robyne from Southern Affairs picked me up for the gorgeous dinner she planned for me with some of my closest friends!
I chose Saint Ann in Dallas for my birthday dinner with friends and they definitely did not disappoint! They were so nice when we came in and the service throughout the evening was wonderful! As I walked to the table, I was so excited to see the gorgeous setup Robyne had put together. Robyne from Southern Affairs is a wedding an event planner and she creates the most beautiful events I have seen! Side note from the birthday fun, check her out if you are getting married or looking to plan an event! 😉 She even put together the beautiful flower arrangements you see above.
I was so impressed by not only how these cookies by Just Call Me Cookie turned out exactly how I wanted, but also because they were so delicious! Briana was so sweet when I met her and extremely easy to work with. I highly recommend getting her to customize your cookies if you are in the DFW area. I know I’ll be ordering from her again because they make for the perfect favor at events!
Another shoutout to The PN for being so wonderful to work with. They reached out to me to collaborate a while back and as soon as I told them about my birthday dinner, they came up with ideas and delivered. Thank you so much for the beautiful flower box and the delicious custom cupcakes! The PN is a company in Dallas that does event planning and catering.
If you ever go to Saint Ann in Dallas, I highly recommend the yummy cucumber and mint drink from their drink menu. It was light and refreshing and the perfect way to start out my night of fun! I didn’t get a good shot of my dinner, but you should definitely try their bacon wrapped jalapeno and chicken with ranch! OMG, it was delicious! After dinner, I decided to enjoy the night and put my phone away, so this is the only peeks you get of this night. Once we left Saint Ann, we headed over to The Tipsy Alchemist. If you haven’t been there, you should check it out! The Santiago just might be my new favorite drink! 😉
Part II: Family Celebration Back Home
If you have been around me for at least one birthday, then you know my mom puts together the best birthday celebrations. You can see last year’s here. I look forward to heading east every year to go back home and celebrate my birthday with my family. My Mom always has theme for the party and this year, if you haven’t guessed it yet, was Unicorns! I have been a bit unicorn obsessed this year, so I was pretty ecstatic walking into all this prettiness!
I have seen several Unicorn cakes lately, but this one from Chez Bazan is my absolute favorite! They have made my birthday cakes for years and I am so sad that they are retiring this year because whoever makes my cakes going forward has some big shoes to fill!
Can we talk about how adorable these Unicorn cookies by Ooh La La Cookies are? They even have green eyes like me! These are also super yummy, so if you are in East Texas and need custom cookies, check her out!
Along with Unicorns, I also love all thing pink and the plates, napkins and cups made for the perfect accessory for the party!
How beautiful are these tulips from Bunn Flowers? Any flowers anyone in my family gets always comes from Bunn’s. They make beautiful arrangements and have the best flowers! As you can see, my Mom puts together the best parties. I love going back home any time, but especially when it’s my birthday because Mom surprises me every year with something different!
Part III: 28 Things About Me
- I am a huge animal lover and have 2 rescue fur babies of my own. Avril the kitty and Fancy Pants the maltese.
- I love to travel, but haven’t had the free time to do it as much as I’d like. I’m thinking 28 is going to be the year of travel for me though!
- I am very passionate about the things I do. Regardless of what it is, I give it my all!
- My favorite colors are pink and green.
- I clean out my closet every two months. It’s pretty crazy how quickly it fills up and I tend to get tired of things quickly when it comes to clothes.
- I have lived in 5 different apartments in the past 5 years. I tend to get tired of places quickly, but I’m loving my new loft downtown and know I’ll be here much longer! 😉
- I cannot cook if my life depended on it. I am terrible at it. #sadbuttrue
- My background and degrees are in accounting and I have 8 years experience in that field. It goes hand in hand with fashion right? 😀
- I am from a teeny tiny town- Pittsburg in East Texas. No not the Pennsylvania one..haha..this accent didn’t just appear out of nowwhere. 😉
- I am left handed but can do almost everything with both hands.
- I grew up a dancer going to competitions all over the place. I was so good at it back then, but I’m not so sure my dancing skills are still with me. haha!
- My favorite season is spring. I love the weather and of course my birthday! <3
- My favorite type of food is Mexican food. I could eat it every day!
- My favorite place to workout is Soul Cycle – I haven’t been in forever, but would go every day if I could.
- Tulips are my favorite flowers.
- My favorite movie is probably Bridesmaids. I can watch it repeatedly.
- I’m not a morning person at all, although I try to force myself to get up early and get going…and regret it when I sleep in.
- My hair color changes so often that it’s even hard for me to keep up with it. 😉 I think the icy blonde is here to stay a while though!
- My favorite concert that I’ve ever been to is Lady Gaga’s with my mom! We had a blast and she is such an amazing performer.
- I’m not a big sports person and don’t really keep up with it, but I love watching basketball.
- I’m not a big drinker at all and may have only 1 or 2 in a month, but when I do order a drink, it will either have vodka or gin in it.
- I love tattoos and have 8 of them. For some reason, most people are surprised when they learn this about me.
- I am a total caffeine addict and you probably don’t want to talk to me in the mornings until I have had at least one cup of coffee.
- My mom is my best friend. We literally finish each other’s sentences.
- The longest road trip I have been on was from East Texas to Las Vegas..it took us 30 hours to get there and I definitely don’t recommend making this drive straight. It was awful.
- My guilty pleasure snack is Takis. I discovered these on my girl’s roadtrip to Marfa and have been hooked ever since! Two of my amazing friends each even got me a bag for my birthday. haha!
- I draw the majority of my eyebrows on each day thanks to a very tragic waxing incident that resulted in them never growing back how they should.
- I just booked my flight to go to New York Fashion Week in the fall with Lauren Bloom (the fab photographer/friend) and I cannot wait!! <3
This photo by: Lauren Bloom Photography
Thanks so much for checking out my blog and a huge thank you to all my family and friends for making turning 28 so special!
Stay Fancy! <3 Hollie