10 Feb Ladies Celebrating Ladies, Brunch Style
It’s almost Valentine’s Day…which is actually one of my favorite holidays! Not necessarily for all the romantic vibes…but it’s an excuse to wear an absurd amount of pink and have hearts everywhere..which I love! However, my favorite part of Valentine’s Day is girl time! My mom and I have always done something special together for this day and get each other little goodies to exchange, which we will be doing soon Mommy, in case you are reading. 😉
Speaking of girl time….this past weekend I co-hosted a Galentine’s Day (shout out Leslie Knope) brunch with one of my best friends and 8 of our fellow Circle Seven Five girlfriends.(check out Circle Seven Five here) We had so much fun planning and getting everything ready for the event. My bestie (Kristen) is fabulous in the kitchen, so she was in charge of the food since I do not do well in that area (haha) and I had the decoration ideas (with her help too!). Check out some pictures and blurbs below.
First and foremost the food:
- Heart shaped frittatas
- Mix eggs with veggies to your liking and cheese. Pour into a heart shaped muffin pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Coffee Cake (GF)
- I honestly have no idea how Kristen made these delicious cakes, but check out this recipe at food.com
- Yogurt Parfaits
- Add nonfat vanilla yogurt in a bowl, berries or any fruit and granola..easy peasy! We just provided clear cups for everyone to make their own.
- Coffee Bar
- Kristen is on a journey to open her own coffee shop soon in the DFW area (I’ll share that info soon!) so what better way to practice her skills than at a brunch!? She made her own cinnamon syrup and vanilla syrup for lattes and let me just say they put Starbucks to shame. 😉 Not that I don’t still love my Starbucks..but seriously…these were better than any I have had before.
- Mimosa Bar
- I mean is brunch really “brunch” without mimosas?
- Pour some bubbly and splash some juice!
We had a few giveaways but didn’t want to just draw names..so we played Valentine’s themed Bingo! I found this cheesy, yet entertaining game at Target. As you can see from the mostly empty plates, this menu was a hit!
Not that we needed more to do than just hang out and chat, but we created a photobooth with props.
- The backdrop is just a hot pink plastic tablecloth that you can get from any party store or at Target.
- Target also has several options for festive garland like this XO one we chose.
- We added these fun, Valentine’s themed props that we snagged online at Walmart.
And what event would be complete without having party favors?! Doing this took me way back to my childhood and all the school parties we had for different holidays. I always loved getting all the goodies prepared with my mom to take to my class and this was a grownup-ish way to feel like a kid again.
Each guest went home with a magnetic notepad and pen, a fancy fringe tassel necklace from the Fashions of Fancy Boutique, Conversation Hearts (a must for Valentine’s day!) and some chocolate. Nothing too outlandish, but still a fun goodie bag to take away.
Big shout out to Kristen for helping me make this such an awesome brunch! <3 I hope this helped you get some ideas for your upcoming Valentine’s event or brunch and to show that Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be all lovey dovey and mushy…it can be all about ladies celebrating ladies!
Happy Galentine’s Day!
How will you be celebrating?
Stay Fancy! <3 Hollie